PCV Bus Mechanic – Galashiels
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen within Borders Buses for a skilled PCV Bus and Coach Mechanic based at our Galashiels depot to help maintain our fleet and ensure we operate to the highest possible standards. We will also consider applicants skilled in HGV and LGV Mechanics.
- A permanent, secure job
- A competitive package including great rates of pay, great training, free travel for you and your family
- Career development and further training opportunities
- Over-time opportunities
Requirements of the role:
- You will be energetic, self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and thrive within a challenging yet rewarding environment.
- A driving licence is required and PCV licence is preferable but is not essential for this role.
- Further opportunities for skills development will be provided.
Skills required and main responsibilities include
- Vehicle maintenance, servicing and running repairs on a varied fleet (including M.O.T preparation)
- Prompt repair of all defective vehicles to the highest standard in a timely and cost effective manner
- Ensure vehicles are maintained in accordance with the Company Operators Licence guidelines
- The ability to organise daily workload, communicate effectively and work flexibly
- The ability to work to the highest Health & Safety standards
Apply now by completing the application form below.
Alternatively, interested candidates can send an email with their CV and covering letter to Bartek Koszteyn at email@example.com outlining in detail why they have the necessary skills and experience to undertake the role.